Saturday, July 7, 2007

Well, we survived our first week of classes. I definitely feel a sense of accomplishment We have a practice session this afternoon then the Insitute is closed on Sunday. On our day of rest, we may venture out, via rickshaw to FabIndia and Crossroads bookstore.


Last night everyone had class with Geeta this morning we had another ladies only class with Geeta. She worked a lot with the supta padangusthasana poses and linking that to the standing poses. It is very difficult to describe how awesome she is. She is so focused on the the present moment and the larger context of the present moment that you can't help but be brought along at least a bit with her. She has helped me a good bit with my shoulders and the chronic grip in my trapezius. it is a good question, "why are you so tense?" then she just touched me and I did relax.....

trying to do everything right creates its own tension, She did have a wonderful way of talking about how one might do in such a way that it doesn't create extra grip. When we were in sirsasana, headstand, she was talking about the ekagrata state, one pointed consciousness. So one could try to do headstand via the checklist, press, down the forearms, lift the shoulders, trapezius up, collarbones broad, tail bone in etc, or one could just try to become taller. If that is the single point, becoming taller than all the little instructions are part of that single stream.

I tend to get stuck with what is stuck.

Joe and the other New York people invited us to a party tonight. So that should be fun. A party in Pune!!

2 comments:

Mike Frosolono said...

Anzy,

I posted a comment on Christina's blog. You two can look at each other's blogs so that I don't have to duplicate the comments.

I well-remember our Indian food experience when you went with me to London for your first trip to that "wicked old city". Although I subsequently ate in several other Indian restaurants in London, some of which were considered high class, the first meal we shared was the best by far.

I can hardly believe you were only 16 at the time. Time flies.

You seem to be benefiting enourmously from the yoga experiences in Pune. I expect you will continue to do so.

Jerry King, a local Methodist minister (but not active) is a semi-friend, former reader of my columns, and a purchaser of Beyond Duty. He liked the story. For the past couple of weeks he has been urging me to write a TV/movie screen play based upon some parts of the novel. (We see each other at the Farmer's Market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.) He stated that, while reading the book, he could visulize certain scenes as if they came directly from a movie. I have, for quite some time, toyed with the idea. I will order some books from Writer's Digest about how to construct screen plays. I have in mind a Lifetime or Hallmark TV program.

I probably would begin the screen play with Jessica's recital, after which she dies. During the recital, Nick would have a flashback, evoked by the music, of him and Jessica making love with a storm raging in Long Island Sound outside their Rye home.

I would not explicitly show the Vietnam war scene but might give another flashback resulting from the dove shoot with M-J: Where Nick kills the Viet Cong woman.

The focus of the story would revolve around Nick and Hope, and the two daughters. I wouldn't go into great detail, if any, about the science and the legal wrangling.

Anyway, I'm considering the whole idea and how I might simmplify the story. Andrea finally has agreed to read the novel and give me her input on what to include in the screenplay other than, "I think you should use the parts that Grandmartha liked so much."

I also continue to collect thoughts and materials for the short book on my "theology". I wonder if I can write two books at once?

How was the party last night?

Keep on yoga-ing and blogging.

Love and blessings,

The Frosolono Patriarch

Christina Sell said...

Dad, the guy who wrote Shantaram says he has several writing projects going on at the same time. Good author interviews on his site. And it is a great book. Talk about someone who knows how to tell a story. Check it out--www.shantaram.com