Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Afternoon

Christina and I had an eventful afternoon. After a delightful mixed veggie lunch and a nice chat with Jaya, we did some laundry, which here is hand washing and line drying. We both were quite impressed with the amount of dirt that had acculumated on our white tshirts. Most of my shirts are now much larger and a sort of dingy though cleaner shade of white... (I once turned a load of laundry pink, well, I facilitated it turning pink by dropping off unsorted clothes at a cleaners in Germany, this was bad because Dad's work shirts were involved, but I digress).

We went back to the Batik store and bought quite a few cool items. We saw two pigs, a hairy piglet and the model colony cow herd on the way there and back again.

I'm a little tired right now and am not feeling particularly inspired.Last night we had a great pranayama class with one of Mr Iyengar's students Raj Laxshmi and tonight we have class with Chandra. Geeta has been away the past couple days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something about washing clothes by hand...it's nice. Couldn't do it all the time, but I had to once in Switzerland. I hadn't washed any clothes after like 20 days in Europe, and after I fell into that canal in Amsterdam, I figured it was time. My roommate and I passed up the $65 hotel offer for laundry service and washed our clothes in our hotel sink and placed them out on our roof to dry. So simple, but I really enjoyed it.