Monday, July 9, 2007

Cows in the Rain

Not much to report since yesterday. We had a nice inversion practice in the apartment last night and also added in Laurie Blakeney's "calves of butter" virasana/vajrasana series. Bebe doesn't come on sunday so we decided to wear our new outfits and go to the Hotel Ambassador for dinner. Around the time we left it started to rain pretty hard. We were walking down the street and happened to encounter several cows, ( a black one a brown one, a nice spotted one and a couple others). There have not been as many cows on the road as I was expecting so I was quite delighted to see some right in the neighborhood.

When I was young, I had somehow gotten it in my mind that cows would lie down when it was about to rain in order to keep the grass dry. One time while we were driving down highway 54 in NC, I happed to verbalize this thought, 'oh, look the cows are all resting. It must be about to rain." Well, that has been an ongoing family joke for the past two decades... Anyway, I do have to report, that these cows were all standing up and it was raining. However, they had no grass to keep dry... so who knows....really..

Dinner was great. we had a very spicy vegetable dish that almost tasted like chili...

this morning we had practice, ate an okra and green pepper subji dish, read and wrote a while, and are mostly just hanging out waiting for Geeta's class tonight.

2 comments:

curtis said...

I'm glad you got to see cows I know what joy they bring you.

Anonymous said...

That seems like such a relaxing picture to visualize, don't you think? Cows lying down to protect the grass when it's about to rain...I like it. There's something really nice about that image - comforting.