Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yoga at the Crossroads

My friend James just sent me this link to this inspiring article titled yoga the Crossroads of the World

About 80 people woke up extra early to practice yoga in Times Square.
They do this each year at the solstice. Next Year, I'm going up there for it.





The photo is particularly amazing. Pantajali, the sage who is credited with "inventing" the
art of yoga defines yoga as "stilling the fluctuations of the mind." He
goes onto say that "when the mind is still, we become aware of our own true
nature (which is divine)."

At other times, he says, "we identify with the fluctuations of
consciousness."

The photo is this great juxtaposition of stillness in the midst of all the
flux that the world can muster.

I leave in one week two hours and twelve minutes... I am quite excited
about it. hard to sit still and write about Plato.

No comments: