Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A new roomate for the trip

I was up visiting friends in Dallas this weekend and Randy asked if Jaya Waters could room with us. Jaya has been living in India on Amma's ashram about 11 years and has been to the Institute many times and it seems really ideal to have someone like her showing us around the Institute. Of course, we'll be there for ten days before she arrives. Jaya is an amazing yoga practioner. Her tapas is awesome in all the senses of that word. and she is just completely uncompromising as a teacher.. It can be a little daunting to be around, for instance, the fact that I cannot do some of the most basic standing pose actions became abundantly clear to me in her classes this week. Sigh. Good training for Pune..

Randy, Michelle, David, and Jaya gave me a really cool Prana travel belt/bag thing.

Christina's visa woes continue. She did finally talk to an actual person at the Embassy. I'll let her relate that story on her blog. However, on the upside, the hold up with the visa means she will get to go to the Mary and Eddy workshop this weekend.

Well, I am off to teach class. It is standing pose week!

No comments: