Monday, August 20, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, I can still teach yoga, that is a relief!!!

Class tonight was great. It was lovely to see all my regular students and I had plenty of new ones as well. One new student asked what they should work on during the week. Become aware of how you stand. Focus on your breathing... Just begin to notice how you hold yourself. Set aside a few minutes each day and just do whatever it is that you remember from class.

There's a blog posting on Thursday June 21 about establishing a home practice. It lists numerous books and videos that I recommend.

Laurie Blakeney, a great senior teacher and my mentor through the certification process, will be at the bks iyengar yoga studio of dallas. dallasiyengaryoga.com I'll be there for the saturday and sunday sessions. She's super accessible. A great first workshop experience.

Remember a new class starts tomorrow at 10 at lakeshore. Tell your friends who might be at home during the day.

No comments: