Monday, May 28, 2007

Preparing for Pune

So, some of you might be wondering what I'm doing to prepare to go to Pune. I'm trying not to worry too much about the personal comfort issues like air pollution, different standards of personal space, cleanliness, what bathroom facilities are actually like, how much it will rain, not being able to eat fruits and vegetables... Instead, I've been doing a lot of yoga. This weekend, for example, I went down to Austin and took two of Christina's classes at Yoga Yoga. Then I went to Devon's last two yoga classes at Clear Spring Studio North. That is really the end of an era of yoga in my life. I drove down to take her Saturday class once or twice a month for five or six years. Saturday afternoon, I drove down for the yoga workshop Christina was hosting. I heard two really interesting philosophy talks given by Steven Phillips, a philosophy professor at UT and took a class with Charly Pivert for the first time and then an arm balancing class with Christina where I did eka pada koundinyasana I.

Also, it has been raining a lot so that is good preparation for the monsoons... .

Upcoming Posts: Packing for Pune and How I started doing Iyengar Yoga.

No comments: